In July 2014, Miss Jodie graduated from The Centre Performing Arts College, London. For the past 3 years she has been teaching both internationally and locally.
“I have thoroughly enjoyed performing previously however I feel that my passion is in teaching.”
She graduated with three complete DDE’s under the ISTD. Also with experience in many dance genres and experience of choreographing at different levels. By training at a performing arts college Miss Jodie has experienced a high standard of dance training and also gained all her teaching qualifications. Miss Jodie joined DancePro Academy in 2016 teaching ISTD ballet tap and modern.
• How old were you when you started dancing? I started dancing when I was 4 years old.
• When did you fall in love with Dance? I fell in love with dance when I saw my big sister dance on stage!
• Where did you train? I trained at the The Centre Performing Arts College.
• What is your favourite style of dance? My favourite style of dance is contemporary and my favourite place to dance is in my kitchen!
• What is your favourite snack before a class? My favourite pre-dance snack is banana with peanut butter.
• Did a specific teacher or person inspire you to have a career in dance? Every teacher I have ever had has been a real inspiration to me, each in their own unique way.
• Do you have any other hobbies? I love outdoor adventure sports such as ski-ing, climbing and hiking!
• Do you have a Fun Fact to share? I have taught children dance in China, Australia and America!
• Tell us all something we don’t know about you? When I was younger I used to try to sleep in the splits to become more flexible!
Miss Jodie will be teaching at DancePro Academy on Thursdays.