Miss Shannen is a very talented dance teacher who will be joining DancePro Academy from September 2017!
Miss Shannen and I met at our weekly ballet class in Royston. She has a really fun personality and is very skilled in ballet, modern, tap and of street dance. Teaching classes on Tuesdays, Shannen is looking forward to meeting you all.
Shannen started dancing from the age of 4 and attended her local performing arts school up to the age of 18. Whilst at school she chose to take A-Level Dance and a BTEC: Performing Arts in Musical Theatre where she gained a distinction. Shannen then went on to train at the Italia Conti Arts Centre for 3 Years, DNA Studios and Penny Meekings: The Dance College. She has previously worked as dance captain for an entertainment team on the Isle of Wight and has completed her Professional Certificate in Education through the University of Greenwich. She also holds her D.D.I and D.D.E teaching qualifications in Tap, Modern Theatre and Imperial Ballet with the I.S.T.D. Shannen has always wanted to be a dance teacher and now has many years of experience teaching all ages and is delighted to be joining the DancePro Academy family.
• How old were you when you started dancing? About 4 years old, I haven’t stopped since!
• When did you fall in love with Dance? I have always loved to dance but it was in my early teens that I decided I wanted to be a dance teacher as a career.
• Where did you train? I trained for 3 years at Italia Conti Arts Centre. To gain my teaching qualifications I attended DNA Studios in Waltham Abbey and The Dance College in Royston
• What is your favourite style of dance? TAP!
• What is your favourite snack before a class? Bananas- Healthy and great for slow releasing energy
• Do you have any other hobbies? I love to read and travel to new countries around the world!
Shannen will be teaching at DancePro Academy on Tuesdays.
To View our full timetable of classes, click here